Proprietary Schools

For-profit education (also known as proprietary education) refers to schools operated as private, profit-seeking businesses. Proprietary schools that want to operate in West Virginia have to apply to the Council for Community and Technical College Education for a permit to operate in the state. To qualify for the permit, schools have to meet certain operating criteria, submit annual reports to the Council, and annually prove they are accredited institutions.

To offer an associate degree in the state of West Virginia, these private schools must be approved by the Council.

Are you looking for student transcripts from a closed school?

Former ITT students

Purchase ITT transcripts

Former West Virginia Business College students

Contact Carrie Watters for assistance at or by phone at 681-313-2290, ext 26369.

Proprietary School Transcript Requests / Locations

Are you interested in starting a proprietary school?

Download these documents to learn more about the requirements and process for opening a for-profit institution in West Virginia.

For more information on Proprietary Schools, contact:

Carrie Watters
(681) 313-2290
Ext 26369